1st Southern Region

Flotilla 25-09

Pawcatuck, CT

Serving the CT and RI borders

CHDIRAUX

The United States Coast Guard Auxiliary was established by Congress in June, 1939, to assist the Coast Guard in promoting boating safety. It is composed of nearly 36,000 members from all walks of life who are drawn together by their love of the water and a willingness to serve other boaters. Its members receive special training so that they may be a functional part of Team Coast Guard. Auxiliarists assist the Coast Guard in non-law enforcement programs such as public education, safety patrols, search and rescue, marine environmental protection, and Coast Guard Academy introduction programs for youth. Auxiliary members volunteer approximately 2-million hours annually to benefit other boaters and their families.